- the person who has big ideas but fails to follow through on the one task they committed to doing?
- the person who thinks consensus means arguing round around till everyone agrees with them?
- the person who asks a question that was just asked and answered two minutes ago?
- the person who goes away and undermines decisions in which they had participated?
- the person who uses their own money to get the outcome they wanted (yes, I've been guilty of that one!)
- the person who asks a random question about a completely different topic!
A reminder of how much God values the human contribution to his purpose in the world came up in my reading this morning - as I am working my way through Tom Wright's book on Hope and Resurrection. "Redemption doesn't mean scrapping what's there and starting again from a clean slate, but rather liberating what has become enslaved." (Surprised by Hope p 96). May the Lord who knows me through and through, redeem and renew my humanity, my history and my hope.To Chew Over: How have your childhood experiences shaped or prepared you for your life as a follower of Jesus today?
My life is but a weaving, between my God and me
I may not choose the colours, he knows what they should be
For he can view the rainbow upon the upper side
Whikle I can see it only on this, the under side
Sometimes he weaves sorrow which seems unfair to me
But I will trust his judgement and work on faithfully.
One day I'll know the reason why pain with joy entwined
Was woven in the fabric of life that God designed.